Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Inspirational books and applying what we know

There seems to be no shortage of inspirational books to be found. More hit the shelves every week. But I have a couple of favourites from not so recent times that I thought I'd share with you.

The first is Head First by Tony Buzan. I like the style and the popular science approach with some great examples and everyday accessible things to do.

The second is Unlimited Power by Anthony Robbins. I found this a compelling read and have been back to it many times.

There is so much that we already know and has been already written that can help personal success that I wonder how much new stuff is: a) new; and b) going to help me. I reckon that if I just applied 1% of what I already know, it would keep me going for many lifetimes.

That doesn't mean I don't think I have anything to learn; far from it. I do mean that learning is as much doing as reading the latest big (or little) thing. It is not hard to engage with the information, learning, wisdom guidance, people etc. etc. out there. What's harder is finding and living with the focused energy and commitment that generates meaning when it meets up with all that stuff. Whatever I really look for I will find; the key is the looking, searching, questing, journey, whatever ...

Keeping up with the Robbinses can be distracting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home