Friday, March 14, 2008

A change of IT

Over the past two months various elements of my IT materiel have popped their clogs. Sometimes in dramatic hollywood style, sometimes quietly. All events have proved traumatic eventually, not to mention costly.

But now, as I believe, perhaps naively, that I'm coming out of the woods, I am looking at a nifty little laptop plugged into a decent scale desk-top set up. Together with an elderly, wobbly, but hopefully resistant older laptop for older programs and the rest of the family. I also have a working hard-disk back-up system going at last. Alas not quite quickly enough to prevent the worries of a hard disk failure, but again, I'm optimistic that I'll get the data off that in the next couple of weeks. Or at least a friendly company will get it off for me.

I had dreamed about a Mac powerbook, or perhaps even migrating to opensource, but have stuck with Windows and Toshiba this time. Wish me luck.

So, all that being by way of excuses for posting nothing for two months, I hope to be back here more often from now on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home